Click To SEE!

I know sometimes I wish I could see something a little closer. If that happens to you here... feel free to click on the pictures ...some pictures will let you see them a little closer!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

5 for 5 at 365!

Hi Again!

I needed to make a Thank You card for my parents for something very very very generous they did for me. They are helping me get some furniture for my craft area. I'm so excited I can hardly take it. So I wanted to make a FAB card.
The challenge over at 365 last Wednesday was to use 5 pattern papers and 5 embellishments! WOW! Seems pretty difficult. I admit I was a little intimidated by this but REALLY wanted to try. Here is my go at it...........

The paper all came from the DCWV Spring stack. The background stripes is matted on plain red paper. The little monkey is Changito from Stampendous. He's one of my favs. I colored him with Prisma Colored pencils and cut him out with Nesties. I layered him on another patterned paper and cut that with Nesties also. The two diamonds on the side are similar papers from the same stack also cut with Nesties and turned sideways. The band on the bottom is paper from the same family and the scallop border is printed on that band. So those are my five papers.

My five embellies are the two buttons on the side diamonds. I found that adhesive Appreciation ribbon at JoAnn's and it fit perfect. It was the same blue in all the papers. The two little flowers on the corner of the stamped image are Primas and the two flower centers are skittles.

Hope you like!

6 comments:

  1. Spectacular job on the challenge!!! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a knock out card!!! Great work on the 5 for 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! (and how nice of your parents!) I love the lil monkey! I'm afraid to try the 5 patterns I have trouble using two! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove this card... changito is one of my favs...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Chrissy! Love your mix of paper and all of the embelllies. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you tried this challenge, it does seem overwhelming at first but it is such a fun challenge and you did great! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete