Click To SEE!

I know sometimes I wish I could see something a little closer. If that happens to you here... feel free to click on the pictures ...some pictures will let you see them a little closer!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Black & White Basket

Good Tuesday Morning to ya.

I haven't posted in a couple days because I've been working on a big project I'm about to share with ya. The administrator at the assisted living where my mom & I volunteer is getting married and the residents are throwing her a shower. So my mom and I wanted to go and help and also bring her a present. I was so happy with the way my baby basket came out a couple weeks ago that I decided I would try a wedding one.

Here is what I came up with....
The bride is using a black and white theme. But the cool thing is all her flowers are red for that splash of color. The colors look so awesome in this basket that I can't imagine how classy a whole hall would look decked out.
Here's a closer look.........
All the cuts came from the Wedding Solutions cartridge and layered and layered to give them depth.
The dress was cut at 6 1/4 on shadow, blackout and normal. I used a few adhesive rhinestones to pretty it up and some "skittles on the train. The back part is glitter paper so it really shines. I added a ribbon around the waist to soften it up a bit.
The tux was also cut at 6 1/4 on shadow. I used glitter paper for the lapels and bow tie. The buttons are skittles small and one large one. I shadowed the arms with a black Prisma. The white "shirt" I used white shiny paper from M's that looks like it has pinstripes. I think it looks so cool!
The glasses were cut at four and shadowed. All the paper on these are glitter. I again added some bling and found the ribbon at JoAnn's. The "bubbles" are mini "skittles".


The doves were cut at five. I used this swirly paper from M's so it looks like they have feathers. The black heart is glitter paper and a few rhinestones for pop. I used liquid glass to highlight eyes and line the wing.


These bells are probably my favorite. I cut them around four times I can't remember. All the paper on these are glitter so they really sparkle. I added rhinestones around the band and two for the dingy part. (love that technical term) and added the same ribbon from earlier to the top.


This heart was cut at 7 and shadowed. All papers here are glitter as well.


For the cake I used the swirly paper from the birds so it really does look like frosting. It has such a cool effect. The base is the same pinstripe paper from the tux. I added the touch of red on the hearts with stickles. The black "frosting" is also the glitter paper. I added a ribbon from my stash.


These are probably my least favorite. Just not much to them. I used some silver metal paper for the bands and stickled the diamond with Ice stickles. Added a shimmery ribbon and they were done.

This stamp was cut at 4 1/2. The papers here are all glitter to bling it up a bit. This one was a lot of fun. I cut it and was not happy with how it looked just cut as is. I wanted the flowers to be separate instead of one sheet of paper with lines cut in it. So, I cut the single flower on the same cart at 1 1/4 about 10-15 times and curled the petals with my thumb and secured them with pop dots. I added rhinestones for the flower centers. It's so much more interesting that way. I added some red ribbon to the handle and a few rhinestones for bling.
The stickles they are all adhered to are just wooden dowels from Hobby Lobby. I painted them white and black and attached the cuts with double sided tape.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! you have created an awesome gift!!! love all the little details you added, the tux shirt and gown are perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!! You have SOOOOOOO outdone yourself on this one! I hope you posted this to the Cricut MB. This is one fantastic basket! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Great job!!!

    Jolynda8P

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is incredible Stacy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow so glad I hung around to take a look at this. The bride will love it - all the items are just so special - I'm sure she will treasure them forever.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - what a fabulous job - that is an awesome idea and you did it so well! I am sure the bride is going to be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome gift!!! It is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete